Monday, December 29, 2008

LUNCH WITH THE GIRLS ON TABLESCAPE TUESDAY


Some of my girlfriends are coming for lunch today. I am serving a light lunch because we have all been eating fairly large meals and will be going out tomorrow evening for New Years Eve. So I've made Tortellini Soup and little Hot, Ham & Cheese Finger Sandwiches, in a puff pastry. Instead of a heavy dessert, I'm serving my Almond Biscotti and Mazurki ( Polish Cookies). I've also made a special Chicken Salad for one of the girls, who because of a medical condition can only eat certain foods, which will be served on a whole wheat, sugar free bread. I set a very casual table using some mixed Pfaltzgraff pieces.

The next three pictures are of my new Glass Houses from Gardner's Supply. This is the third set of a series, I missed out on the first set that sold out, but got the second set last year and now this set this year. Each house has a name, this on is Sunderland.

And Coventry, shown here.


The third one is Bristor. I hope they continue to offer them next year.



The Christmas Tree Napkin Rings, were made by my niece/goddaughter, Lisa. She gave them to me one year as my gift and they've been used on our table every year since.


The Soup Bowl is Pistoulet Christmas Pattern, which is discontinued, shown with Pistoulet square salad plate, both from Pfaltzgraff. I thought it would be different to place them on an angel since we are only having finger sandwiches with the soup. Well, I like to be different. I layered the place mats, both of which I've had for many years.


My glasses are a fairly new purchase and I love them, they were perfect for the holiday.


The flatware is a set I bought from Spiegel years ago. They are brass with rosewood handles, they need special care when washing.

I'll use some of my crystal pieces, the sugar and creamer, when we have coffee.


And arrange the cookies on my new serving piece from Tender Hearts. I really like pierced dishes, chargers and serving pieces.


I'll use my Lenox, Citation Gold, cups and saucers for coffee and tea, along with the matching plates for the cookies.





That's it for this Tablescape Tuesday, I wish I could invite you all over. ;)


17 comments:

Blue Muse said...

I'm on my way! This is gorgeous, D! So warm, so festive, so welcoming -- the dishes are beautiful and the menu sounds delicious!
xo Isa

Unknown said...

Just beautiful...the napkin rings are so cute...and it is wonderful that they hold a special memory as well.
Your table is so pretty!
Happy New Year!

Picket said...

Ohhhh everything is so pretty girl..I love those glass house sets! I am sitting here with you beautiful hand written notepaper propped right by my computer/with my pumpkin seeds! lol lol I just can't thank you enough girl..and how on earth do you write so pretty & straight! lol I showed them to my sister & brother-in-law when they came by yesterday! Sister said 'surely you aren't gonna plant those! You need to frame them with that pretty paper and keep them!" lol Have a great day girl & Happy New Year to you & yours!!!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful table you set for the girls! Love it. I like the bowls on the square plates. What time is lunch???

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

I would love to be there and enjoy your lunch with the ladies. Your table is so festive. Those houses are out of this world.. What a beautiful mix...hugs ~lynne~

Envoy-ette said...

What lucky friends! I bet they'll talk about nothing else then how gorgeous your table is! Lovely!

Michelle, All Home and Love said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely table with us!

I had to laugh reading your profile. I'm a former Jersey girl currently living in Pennsylvania. I hope you and your family have a safe and happy New Year! Michelle

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

I wish I could come over! Your food sounds marvelous & your table is beautiful!

Kathleen Ellis said...

How festive and inviting! Wish I could join you!
HAPPY NEW YEAR, HAPPY NEW DREAMS COME TRUE!

Naz said...

I picked the perfect time to stop by considering the lovely luncheon you have provided. :-)

Everything looks so festive and pretty. Your girlfriends are in for a special treat.

Happy New Year

imjacobsmom said...

Well, I wish that I could come...your table looks great! I'm loving all the little touches. How you set the plate on the diagonal and the little village - very creative as usual! Your friends are in for a real treat! ~ Robyn

Naz said...

Happy New Year!

Lady Katherine said...

Just love it all! Oh just everything! lol

Tardevil said...

My favorite thing of all is the glass houses! They are beautiful! Wish we had that store where I live. Maybe you could find the 1st year's houses on eBay. The table is beautiful all lit up!

Miss Janice said...

Just found your blog through Susan's Tablescape Tuesday. Your tablescape is awesome. Love everything about it! Happy New Year to you.

Miss Janice said...

Just found your blog through Susan's Tablescape Tuesday. Your tablescape is awesome. Love everything about it! Happy New Year to you.

Michelle, All Home and Love said...

Hi again,
No condolences needed, lol. We really love where we are in PA. Home for us is the Lehigh Valley and we couldn't be happier. We finally found our older home in a small historic town here, it's a close community.

I've been here since high school, my parents moved us here from Spotswood, NJ. My husband is originally from Belleville and works in Clinton still. When we got engaged I told him he had to move here, there was no way I was going back to NJ with the price of things there.

Glad to hear you found a place you love to live. It's so important to be happy with your surroundings! Hope your weekend is going well. :) Michelle