Sunday, January 11, 2009

A FLOWER SHOP ?????????

Okay, maybe that strainer in the left hand corner, gave it away, this is my kitchen. Tomorrow we take down Christmas decorations at church, and I had to have the new floral arrangement made by then. Maybe some of you don't know that I've been making the arrangements for our church for the past three years. Since it is too cold to work in the garage, where the flowers are kept, I had no choice but to bring everything home and work from there. So all day my kitchen has looked like a flower shop. Here are all the finished arrangements all lined up. There are two large ones that go on pedestals that flank both sides, behind the alter. Then there are two more that are put on smaller pedestals under the statues of Mary and Joseph. Two more are floor arrangement made to sit in front of the Podium, and the other on the opposite side of the alter, where the choir sits.
Because of the priests and some of the choir members having allergies, I am instructed not to use fresh flowers, as they affect them. Some of the parishioners are unhappy about not having fresh flowers, but I have to admit it makes it a whole lot easier on me, I don't have to keep running over to the church to water them or deadhead them.
My DH helped me take them over to the church after supper, so that they will be ready to put in their places tomorrow, after the decorations come down. We hope to have our church a bit festive looking, since our new Bishop is coming to visit our parish next weekend.

I just thought I'd show you what I've been up to, since I haven't been around much, to check in and see what's been going on at your blogs. Between the dining room project, shopping for the flowers, etc.. it's been a busy time around here.
PS...I'm still having trouble with my camera, I'm going to send it up to my daughter to ask her to undo whatever it was she did to it. She's so good with cameras, so I'll let her fix it.

4 comments:

Blue Muse said...

D, the flowers are just GORGEOUS!Spring has sprung in your kitchen!! I can smell the lilies from here!
xo Isa

imjacobsmom said...

Hi D, Now that must be fun! I bet you are so proud when your arrangements are front & center. They look so fresh and bright! I am sure it makes your job easier that the flowers are not fresh because you can twist and arrange them as you need them to be. And if the weather doesn't cooperate you don't have to worry about them wilting or freezing. It sure did make your kitchen look like a floral shop. ~ Robyn

Naz said...

The pictures certainly look like real flowers. As a person who can't stand the smell of daylillies, I prefer not having that particular real flower.

I think your arrangements are lovely and they will please everyones eye. Beautifully done D.

I've thought about creating a blog but that's about as far as I've gotten lol. Thank you for your kind comments. :-)

Unknown said...

Really awesome flower decoration and arrangements pictures and fresh flowers too. Here i found really very interesting information about flower decoration and arrangement. Generally people use flowers as gifts in now a days. People can also send flowers to india and any other countries of the world