Saturday, April 17, 2010

IT'S A GOOD THING !!!!!

As you enter our back yard, you'll walk under the Jasmine Vine. Last year there were far less blooms, however the year before there were more then this year. So it's always a surprise as to how many we will get every year. The thing I like most about this vine, is that it stays green all year long. We have birds that live there all the time, and raise newborns there also.
If you were visiting, and sitting under our little arbor by the pool shed, this is what you would see right now. Everything seems to be blooming much earlier then it did in past years, I'm sure it has to do with all the rain we've had over the months. However, the blooms don't last long, and there is little time to enjoy them. To think that my husband wanted to pull the vine out a few years ago because it wasn't blooming at all. I pouted and he agreed to leave it alone. Now we are talking about making the arbor bigger so we don't have to cut the vine back as much as we do. I've read that it takes seven years for a Wisteria Vine to bloom. :)


Even our Dogwood Tree has more blooms this year, although we lost one last year and had to replace it. I hope it will grow to be as beautiful as this one. I should have taken this picture up closer, so you could get a better look at it.






I'm afraid that a lot of our projects are keeping me from posting as often as I'd like, but I do enjoy keeping busy so it's a 'trade off'' for me. I have been visiting most of your blogs to see what new things your up too, so don't think I'm not around, I am. :)


Hope you and yours are all doing well.


Ciao

'D'




5 comments:

9405018--Pat said...

Your yard is beautiful...love your wisteria Vine..thanks for sharing...Pat H

jerseygirl211 said...

Thank you Pat. Our yard took a beating this winter and I'm not sure that it will get back to how we had it. My husband intends to get truck loads of soil to raise our property, so that will mean lots of bare ground for a while, we can only hope that if will also mean that we won't have sitting water again. I shouldn't complain, when I went to church this morning, I saw many homes that still have a lot of water around them.

I'm going outside to take a picture of our Jasmine vine, which I forgot to add yesterday.

Thanks for the visit.

Hugs
'D'

FairfieldHouse said...

Hi Dee,

This is my first visit to your lovely blog, but I will be returning. I am a fellow Jersey Girl! Love your wisteria. Our pergola is covered with it. I just got my first jasmine plant at the Philadelphia Flower Show. Hope it thrives like yours!

Deborah

Anonymous said...

Hi Dee,
Thanks for stopping by my blog to say "Hi". Of course, I have to say that I love your daugther's name. I've never met any other Cynthia Lee's before either. Lee is my mother's middle name also. Everyone calls me Cindy, except my dad who calls me Cindy lee.
I have to ask if Sergei is a collie or a sheltie. We had a sheltie that lived to be 15 1/2, but she was more the size of a small collie or a border collie. Her sister stayed small, but not our beloved "Callie"...she just kept growing!
Oh my...is your Wisteria just beautiful!!
Hope you will stop by my blog to visit again...and I'll be back to visit here again soon.
~Cindy~

Anonymous said...

Dee,
After reading the last comment you left for me...I just had to come back to tell you that not only am I "Cynthia lee Designs" CLD...I'm "Cynthia Lee Davis" CLD.

~Cindy~