Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Grilles Are Up

It's been a while since I've had the time to add to my blog, but there's a lull in the coming and going of our family, house guests, so I thought I'd show how our window grilles turned out. We are very pleased with the results and feel they compliment our screen/storm door also.

I was able to purchases the (3) three grilles( trellis) for $89.97 or $119.96 with shipping, from Plow & Hearth. The six curtain rod brackets, from Lowe's, that attach them to the window frame, cost $6 each. Bringing the total project cost under $150.

I knew I wanted to do this to the windows last year when we first started to add the roof over the deck. At that time the trellis were on sale at half price, but by the time I went to place the order, they were no longer available. :( I did manage to get them at a sale price this year, but I still had to pay $30 more than if I got them last year.

We wanted a screen/storm door like the one that was on the side of our house, but we couldn't find one. So Al removed that one that we had, sanded it and gave in a couple of coats of black paint. We think they look great. :)

I hope that this post will give you an idea for one of your projects.

Have a great day.





No comments: