Friday, July 18, 2008

STILL 'THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX'

Some of you may remember this first photo, as the shutters in our master bath, that we made out of wall grilles, bought at Michael's Crafts. It was my first post on RMS.

The next picture is of the window treatments that we made from wall, coat hangers. With the pegs removed, a little shaving and a coat of paint, they work well in the half moon windows on either side of our fireplace. I found these in a Coldwater Creek catalog first selling for $35 dollars and I passed them up. I saw them later, on sale for $15 and placed my order. :)

The third black and white sketch, is for our newest project. Which is a one panel trellis, in a Plow & Hearth catalog , that I believed would fit over the windows on the back porch. I bought three, one for each window and now we just have to come up with a way to hang them, so that it will still allow us to open the two side windows a little and also be able to remove them for window cleaning. I'm thinking curtain rod holders might work. I missed buying the trellis last year at half price, but when they went of sale this year, I bought them. Not half price but..........



1 comment:

Carolyn said...

I love those shutters.

I just stopped in for a visit. I wanted to say Hi and Nice Blog!