Saturday, October 4, 2008

TRYING SOMETHING NEW FOR FALL DECORATIONS

Every year I try to do something different when I put out holiday decorations. Martha Stewart had a picture of silver pumpkins on her wed site for Fall and I JUST HAD TO try it. Although hers were shown in a formal setting, I thought I would use a more casual style. Of course I had hoped to be able to get some large pumpkin leaves/garland, but I was unable to find them. Since the Green pumpkins that we planted in our garden this year, are growing among the ferns, that we've been unable to stop from growing there, I figured why not use ferns and a few grapevine leaves instead. Martha had used dragonflies, etc. to add some color to her design, I opted to use Mums and Berries, since I had them on hand. I'm not sure I'm crazy about the results, but I decided to share it anyhow. Let me know what you think. I'd also like to take this time to thank Robyn @ http://thereisalwaysthymefor.blogspot.com/ for sending me this Gold Card that can be seen on my sideboard. I'd like to offer it to any of you that wish to send it on to others. Thanks again Robyn, it is much appreciate.

1 comment:

imjacobsmom said...

Well, it is festive.....and the leaves and squirrel sure are cute. Did you spray paint the pumpkins? (I'm still searching for my wedding album - its not that important when you're divorced, you know) ~ Robyn